Slow GUI... Very Slow!

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

bakbek

Slow GUI... Very Slow!

Post by bakbek »

Hi All...

Just installed the 2.40 version.
navigating the interface is very slow... all the menus and rollovers accure with a very noticable delay... i have a Geforce 5700 om one box and a 7800GT on a different box...

Any one else has this slowdown issue also...

Ronen.

LetterRip

Post by LetterRip »

what operating system?

LetterRip

z3r0_d

Post by z3r0_d »

yes, lots of others have that issue, though usually not with nvidia cards

are you running with the latest drivers, with antialiasing turned off [or set to application prefrence]? what operating system? what resolution? what color depth?

do both systems have this problem?

bakbek

Post by bakbek »

Win XP Pro
1152x864 32bit depth
application control for AA

lightning

Post by lightning »

Try updating the drivers? The newest nvidia drivers fixed some slowdown problems for me (in other programs, blender was fine)
The dawn of a new error...

f22.raptor

Post by f22.raptor »

I've noticed a HUGE slowdown not just in the menus, but when working with models as well.

I've been using blender for years now, and i've never had a problem with the new versions untill 2.37a (with another problem) and now 2.40. I usually work with high poly stuff, and a current model im working with is over 1 million polys (non organic, and non-curcular detail - 99% structure), and i cant work with it anymore because the lag is too much. I was able to work with it fine in the older version 2.37, so im going to have to go back to that version to do work on it.

I dont know what happened in this version, but the only thing i found to be an improvement was the new boolean system.