Mesh Modifier Nodes? Just a thought...

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Ammusionist

Mesh Modifier Nodes? Just a thought...

Post by Ammusionist »

With the incredible versatility just starting to come into play from Material and Rendering nodes, I was wondering if anyone had thought about shifting the mesh modifier stack to the node system as well?

ZanQdo

Post by ZanQdo »

So you are saying something like using two modifiers conected by a mix node? wierd, can you give a real example? I know it sounds cool but it´s hard for me to think in a real use for this.
:-) Hosting for your test builds:
GraphicAll.org

aligorith

Post by aligorith »

Just hijacking this thread...

It appears to me that IPO drivers are an intermediate step that pave the way towards having Node controlled Armature rigs, etc.

Just a thought...
Aligorith

Ammusionist

Post by Ammusionist »

It'd be great for all the node systems to have a value from frame range generator node:

Parameters:
- Start Frame
- End Frame
- Min Value
- Max Value

It'll act like a linear IPO with 2 points - Stays at Min till Start Frame, then moves from Min to Max until End Frame then stays on Max frame after.

Hmmm - That's reinventing the wheel isn't it.

How about have an IPO driven value node! (Perhaps with a scale and offset parameter)

jesterKing
Site Admin

Post by jesterKing »

I'm currently working on pyNodes - nodes that are controlled by scripts. I don't see a reason to not be able to use the cfra & co data.

Actually, I might just do a test with it right now to see if it really works already with my current WIP :)

/Nathan

matt_e

Post by matt_e »

Ammusionist wrote:It'd be great for all the node systems to have a value from frame range generator node:
There is a 'time node' at least for the compositing system. Contains a curve, like the RGB curves.