Can border-selection tool (BKEY) remain active?

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

JWilde

Can border-selection tool (BKEY) remain active?

Post by JWilde »

I have a question for the developers.

Please can you make border-selection (BKEY) 'toggle-able'. Now it it so that it deactivates after you made a selection. When you make a wrong or a non-selection, or want to make multiple selections with BKEY you have to activate it again manually. Most of the times I forget this and unwanted things happen. :(

When the border selection function stays active you can keep on using it until you deactivate it yourself. :idea:

Thanx in advance,

JWilde

z3r0_d

Post by z3r0_d »

you only have to hit the B key to do another selection... I can hardly see how this is justified. I would think most times I would NOT want to make more than a single selection, and if I did it would only take me like a tenth of a second longer...

[but my rambling on the matter doesn't change things one way or another until one of the developers acts on it]

JWilde

Post by JWilde »

I disagree. Because when I make a wrong selection or want to make multiple selections ( I do!) then the cursor's already in 'idle' mode and I get confronted with those *darned* 'gestures'. :x

BTW. Developers can you make a constraint so that those 'gestures' only can be used, e.g. with Shift+LMB?