Feature Request: Masking

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

hello

Feature Request: Masking

Post by hello »

Hey, I was just watching someone's time-lapse video. He was using Lightwave. The person used a lot of lasso select (which I know Blender has), but he also used a lot of a Proportional Editing Tool equivalent. What struck me, though, was that it appeared that he could constrain his PET to a certain selection. I can think of several times that such a capability would have been useful.

So, maybe blender could develop a masking ability where certain functions could only work on a constrained set of vertices/edges/faces. This would allow for an easy bevel-only-where-wanted fix, and allow for the PET to only operate on a user defined set of points. Some people might have found that they wanted to get the effect of PET, but not in a perfect circle.

Anyway, just an idea. And, on a side note, is there a lasso deselect in Blender?

Thanks for looking.

Caronte

Post by Caronte »

You can hide vertex ("H" key) so they don't be affected by PET
Caronte.
"Some Day, All Will Be Digital"
http://www.nicodigital.com

hello

Post by hello »

I know you can hide stuff, but I usually like to be able to see the model while I'm working in it. This way I can see what overall effect I'm getting out of using a constrained PET tool. Maybe just a function that effectively "hid" things, but left the hidden portion visible, would be easy to implement?

ZanQdo

Post by ZanQdo »

I'm not telling that wouldn't be cool but if you hide in wireframe you can see a ghosted view of the hidden geometry
:-) Hosting for your test builds:
GraphicAll.org