keyboard for notebooks

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

pildanovak

keyboard for notebooks

Post by pildanovak » Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:32 pm

i'd like to ask ask if some user definable shortcuts system is being planned. until now, I was always satisfied with the blender keboard layout, but since i use mainly a laptop, i have some problems. especially - . for view active is missing very much, while replacing layer shortcuts with view shortcuts(emulate numpad)is quite acceptable. Still more users use laptops(sometimes with different keyboard layouts), i think many people would welcome this.

I know that not many coders have time for tuning the interface, while there are core functions to work on, but i know there have been attempts already to do this, what happened with that code?

rcas

Re: keyboard for notebooks

Post by rcas » Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:39 pm

pildanovak wrote:i'd like to ask ask if some user definable shortcuts system is being planned. until now, I was always satisfied with the blender keboard layout, but since i use mainly a laptop, i have some problems. especially - . for view active is missing very much, while replacing layer shortcuts with view shortcuts(emulate numpad)is quite acceptable. Still more users use laptops(sometimes with different keyboard layouts), i think many people would welcome this.

I know that not many coders have time for tuning the interface, while there are core functions to work on, but i know there have been attempts already to do this, what happened with that code?
I think it was scheduled for the next version, but it was bumped for the next one, right now I think it is feature freeze.
How to use a Blender:
Put your model, rig, animation and textures in the Blender, turn the Blender on and wait for it to Render, then turn the Blender off and show it to your friends.

LetterRip

Post by LetterRip » Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:15 pm

It was never scheduled for 2.42 as far as I know, although someone said they might work on it. Tons plan has been to work on it after Orange.

LetterRip

rcas

Post by rcas » Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:40 pm

LetterRip wrote:It was never scheduled for 2.42 as far as I know, although someone said they might work on it. Tons plan has been to work on it after Orange.

LetterRip
:) hopefuly, soon ...

-- Rui --
How to use a Blender:
Put your model, rig, animation and textures in the Blender, turn the Blender on and wait for it to Render, then turn the Blender off and show it to your friends.

LetterRip

Post by LetterRip » Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:26 am

Well,

there are bugs to fix, documentation to write, patches to merge, and misc features to finish. Plus other work, so, probably not till after the release.

LetterRip

kidb

Re: keyboard for notebooks

Post by kidb » Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:52 am

pildanovak wrote:(emulate numpad)
My solution was, buying an USB-Numpad.

pildanovak

Post by pildanovak » Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:39 am

my solution was to write an redirection script in python, it worked, but not very well, if somebody knows how to handle events better, then please answer in this post:

http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=64760