FeatureRequest: Scripts-Menu into the SPACEBAR-Toolbox

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

FastEddy

FeatureRequest: Scripts-Menu into the SPACEBAR-Toolbox

Post by FastEddy » Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:50 am

I'd like to request to put the context depending Scripts-menu (e.g. Mesh-->Scripts or Objects-->Scripts) additionally into the SPACEBAR-Toolbox and give it perhaps its own hotkey, perhaps the #-Key (like the Shift-A to call the Add-Menu directly). First I thought to use the Ctrl+S, but it seems to be equal to Ctrl+W.

Nevermind: I think, putting the Scripts-menu to the Toolbox would be much quicker to use.

FastEddy
[D X I . s t u d i o s] --- [ Join my current project: SF2 Intro-Animation ]

solmax

Post by solmax » Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:01 pm

I'd rather hope for the next step - user definable shortcuts, and maybe toolboxes?

actually why not allow the use of more modifier keys, or allow any key in kombination with any other key? this would help at least pro users to perfectly customize their interface.

joeri

Post by joeri » Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:28 am

solmax wrote:I'd rather hope for the next step - user definable shortcuts, and maybe toolboxes?

actually why not allow the use of more modifier keys, or allow any key in kombination with any other key? this would help at least pro users to perfectly customize their interface.
Any key combination as in G with X ?

solmax

Post by solmax » Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:32 am

yes, exactly. or as SPACE with W, E, R, or K with A with S - anything you like. I might be wrong, but I think softimage 3D had something similar - hopefully this isn't patented!

joeri

Post by joeri » Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:04 pm

solmax wrote:yes, exactly. or as SPACE with W, E, R, or K with A with S - anything you like. I might be wrong, but I think softimage 3D had something similar - hopefully this isn't patented!
Using the keyboard being patented? That must be a rich man.

solmax

Post by solmax » Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:22 pm

Maya's marking menus ARE patented. They involve pressing a Key and dragging with the mouse. IMO ingenious for handling maya's rich tool arsenal, because you can map up to 8 strokes in each menu to a function. multiply that by all possible keystrokes including standard modifier keys...

joeri

Post by joeri » Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:26 am

solmax wrote:Maya's marking menus ARE patented. They involve pressing a Key and dragging with the mouse. IMO ingenious for handling maya's rich tool arsenal, because you can map up to 8 strokes in each menu to a function. multiply that by all possible keystrokes including standard modifier keys...
As far as I know the maya marking menu are under the spacebar, shift and context (no key but depends on hover and mode), not under any other key...

And blender has multikey strokes (sortof). ctrl-m-1 is a global x flip! :)

I agree with FastEddy that the scripts should be in the toolbar. Because,... everything blender can do should be in the toolbar.

solmax

Post by solmax » Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:44 am

in Maya you can define custom marking menus, invoked by any keystroke.