Smart Menus II

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Pfaffe

Smart Menus II

Post by Pfaffe » Sun May 14, 2006 9:02 am

Many years ago on the Amiga someone implemented a nice feature that would remember which item on the right click menu you last uses and on any submenues as well. When you subsequently open the right click menu that same menu item was placed under the curser the next time. Since the submenus were also aligned, you could re apply the same operation by just right clicking and moving the move to the right on the the submenu. It made repetative menu operations really quick.

I think he also added an option to include all the 'menubar menus' on the right click menu as well, elminating the need to travel to the top of the window for those.

Caronte

Post by Caronte » Sun May 14, 2006 12:11 pm

Good, but I like thi's way better:
http://www.blender.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8751
Caronte.
"Some Day, All Will Be Digital"
http://www.nicodigital.com

solmax

Post by solmax » Mon May 15, 2006 6:19 pm

I propose - unless this isn't patented by former ALIAS, too (like marking menus) to have simply a shortcut for "last command". Believe me, a real timesaver.

artisanicview

Post by artisanicview » Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:34 am

solmax wrote:I propose - unless this isn't patented by former ALIAS, too (like marking menus) to have simply a shortcut for "last command". Believe me, a real timesaver.
I totally agree with your request! I also want an shortcut for this!

Auralis

Post by Auralis » Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:44 am

second.
VI have a similiar concept, the dot repeates the last stuff you entered on the keyboard, striped of cursor motions and so.