Interface Feature requests

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Auralis

Interface Feature requests

Post by Auralis »

1) I think it would be benefitial to have the little info windows that popup after certein operations like merge (1 vertex removed) etc reloacted to a into line at the top, or bottom of the 3d view. That would speed up the workflow by removing the need to acknowledge that info.

2) I would like to be able to set in the theme a color of the help guides ( select mode the cross or the circle) etc, same for stuff like knife operation.

artisanicview

Post by artisanicview »

Personally I have also an Interface Feature Request:

- Please make an option to remove the portion with "www.blender.org 2.41" who is situated in the top of the interface, beacouse personally I have only an 1024x768 resolution and I cant view the portion with Memory Usage situated in the same topline toolbar. No offence but for me is more important to be able to view the Memory Usage infos and not the version of blender Im using.

LetterRip

Post by LetterRip »

There is a triangle on the left that can hide the menus, so you can see more of the other stuff.

LetterRip

artisanicview

Post by artisanicview »

LetterRip wrote:There is a triangle on the left that can hide the menus, so you can see more of the other stuff.

LetterRip
Yes, I sowit this option, but I think is a litle unhandly. Is more easy to hide the part with the version of the program (beacouse is the less used aspect of the top toolbar). If I want to know the version of the Blender Im using, is more easy to go to About dialog.

aligorith

Post by aligorith »

Please make an option to remove the portion with "www.blender.org 2.41" who is situated in the top of the interface, beacouse personally I have only an 1024x768 resolution and I cant view the portion with Memory Usage situated in the same topline toolbar. No offence but for me is more important to be able to view the Memory Usage infos and not the version of blender Im using.
I sometimes wonder why every other window header can scroll, but not that one. Having that static limitation is a bit pointless. Maybe it's just one of those things that nobody has bothered to do.

Aligorith

Auralis

Post by Auralis »

Some more stuff:

1) Tearoff tool choice windows.
For toolks that popup a list of choices to set the mode of operation
each time it is called, like knife, merge etc.
Make it so that that list can be manipulated as a normal window/panel and kept
open with the choices list. Add a checkmark to the choices if its checked the
choice will be the mode of operation when the tool is called.
The teroff operation can be initialized by clicking on the header and draging the
window around. To dismiss it later the X in the header can be used and for minimizing
the usual triangle.

2) Clear up the m key.
key edit mode object mode
m merge join meshes(merge them)
crtl+m mirror mirror
alt+m move to layer
shift+m

2a) join objects should offer the chocies of merging to last selected, first seleced or
to create a new object.

3) Layerbuttons in edit mode, as per "triangle" hideable part of the 3d view header.
Yes, it makes sense to have that function. It allows to SEE what layers are active
in edit mode and what layers are displayed without switching back and forth between object
and edit mode.

4) The active layer, the one where new objects will appear should be marked visualy so it can
be disgunguished from just displayed layers.

5) Lockable layers.
Locked layers should disallow chages to it during operations.

6) Nameable layers

7) Nonblocking select mode

8) Move the save userpreferences function from the crtl+u to a button in the preference screen.

9) Remove quit from the QKEY altogether and add a confirm dialog to the quit menu function.[/img]