Bug: Single white pixel on shading icon

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

krom

Bug: Single white pixel on shading icon

Post by krom »

There is a new bug that seems to be in every version of blender after 2.41, where the icon of the shading button, you know the little grey sphere icon, has a single white pixel staring out at me every time I click it, I would not mind but it is really starting to annoy me, because I know that it is not right, otherwise the red sphere icon for the materials tab would have the same white pixel on it and it does not.

I know that this is the wrong place to talk about it, but I just want the problem fixed and know that everyone who is anyone in the blender dev comunity will probably see this rather than anywhere else!
(Just grab the old icon picture file from 2.41 and copy it over the top of the new one in the cvs...)

Sorry again for posting this in the wrong place :(

aligorith

Post by aligorith »

Just wanted to note that I've also got this problem. It might just be one stray pixel set to the colour of the alpha colour around the sphere too. :)

Aligorith

krom

Post by krom »

Yes I think it very strange!

I thought maybe it was a watermark style thing where every version of blender that is not a real official version had various watermarks placed in the program so people can tell if they are using a stable blender.

Unfortunatly the official Blender 2.42 still has the white pixel bug.

The only reason I found out about this interface bug is because I am helping test out the amazing pocket blender for PocketPC's by Russose at http://russose.free.fr, with the low resolution of my pocketPC LCD screen showing up the white pixel even more clearly than on a higher resolution p.c crt monitor.

Funny how only you and me seem to be able to see it, out of all the many talented artists/programmers that have read this post!?

Twould be nice if someone else could mention if they can see it or maybe we just have "super dooper" eyes =D

Take it easy aligorith :)

coby

Post by coby »

Yeah guys, I totally see it. Even in 2.42a it's there. I didn't even notice until I read this post!