[Feature Req.] Minimize Panel

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Milky

[Feature Req.] Minimize Panel

Post by Milky »

In addition to be able to maximize a panel, I think you should be able to minimize it. An example follows below.

Let's say you've got two panels. One for normal 3d-view, and one which you have set to your camera ([0]). One thing disturbs you though, the buttons panel is just getting in your way! Well, here's when this function would be useful. Here's two screenshots to show you how it would work, and following after that comes an explanation.

Standard:

Minimized:

You would obviously add a button for it next to the Maximize button in the headers, as well as an hotkey. Perhaps it could work with the [CTRL][UP]/[DOWN] keys? If you press [CTRL][DOWN] while it is not minimized (and not maximized, the standard), it would minimize. If it is in the "standard" size, and you press [CTRL][UP], that panel would be maximized, as usual.[/img]

z3r0_d

Post by z3r0_d »

why not make two adjacent screens for this?

use ctrl+right to go to one, control+left to switch back...

Milky

Post by Milky »

z3r0_d wrote:why not make two adjacent screens for this?

use ctrl+right to go to one, control+left to switch back...
Sure that could work.

joeri

Post by joeri »

Hmm...
"Minimize" in your case would be "Remove" as there is no area to "Restore" the window. I'm all for it. Ofcourse blender needs to figure out if it's possible to remove the window, ie. what to replace is with. In your example that's not so hard, but in this one it is:

Milky

Post by Milky »

Well, that was quite an error I made in the picture. You should be able to access it's panel by minimized.