No module named Blender (Again).

Scripting in Blender with Python, and working on the API

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

kenny_lex

No module named Blender (Again).

Post by kenny_lex »

I did get Blender 2.6 (64 bit) and it say that I has Python (3.2), then I downloaded Prim.Blender that can allow me to use Blender to create objects in Second Life, but Prim.Blender is written for an older version of Blender and Python so I did corrected some print commands and other things that gave me an error when I did try to run it.

But now it do not give any error messages that point to a line in the python script it just say, "Python script fail, look in the console for now...", when I did find the console it say, "ImportError: No module named Blender".

I did do a quick search and found similar errors, but the solution was often "Install Python 2.x" but that solutions sounds bad when I by the look of it has Python 3.2.

Prim.Blender is old and I found it here: ( http://sourceforge.net/projects/primdotblender/ ) and I has just begun look at python (two days) and this is first contact I has with programming.

I hope some can help me to get Prim.Blender to work under Blender 2.6.

Tehrasha

Post by Tehrasha »

Unless you can get the person who wrote that script to update it to the 2.6x API, you will have to use the older Blender and install the older Python to make it work.

Blender 2.49

Older Python Versions

kenny_lex

Post by kenny_lex »

Oh, I has asked the maker and he is nit willing to keep work on it and I has no urge to go back to old, so I guess my quest ends here for now, and thank you for the answer.