Python Script Converting?

Scripting in Blender with Python, and working on the API

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

dandeloreon1984

Python Script Converting?

Post by dandeloreon1984 »

I am wondering how to convert an old python script to the current verson of blender...

the current problem i see is that the current version gives the error,

No module named Win32com.Client.

The scripts i am converting are Export Scripts, Import Scripts, and both import and export scripts.

theeth

Post by theeth »

Win32Com comes with ActivePython for Win32 (if I remember correctly). You'll have to make sure your ActivePython version matches the Python version you are using with Blender (2.2.3 is you best bet).

Martin
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans.
- John Lennon

dandeloreon1984

Ok, I have The Active python Source downloads... I have blender 2.3.2, and I am wondering how to install it on windoes XP with Python 2.3

Michel
Location: Somewhere below the rivers in Holland (but not Limburg)

Post by Michel »

dandeloreon1984 wrote:Ok, I have The Active python Source downloads... I have blender 2.3.2, and I am wondering how to install it on windoes XP with Python 2.3
Hi,

Precompiled blender versions don't suport Python 2.3 yet. You'll have to get Python 2.2.x (with x being any number 1,2,3). There's a good sticky thread over at Elysiun for information how to get Python working on most platforms - including windows. Click here for a quick link.

With regards,
Michel
You can have one of two things: Progress or Progress Reports.

dandeloreon1984

Thanks for the help, but i found a new script that i need to make accessable, but it is made for blender 2.28.

I am wondering what needs to be done for that script so far it uses the following imprts...
#import string
#import os
#import struct

import math
import Blender
#import Blender210
an example scipt i want to convert is here....
http://users.durge.org/~andyc/3d/ase-export-filter.html

I know this mutch, it has it's own gui calls... I hope to be able to make it work without modifying it, because it makes the obj file format import and export.

dandeloreon1984

I am almost done converting the script... I will post it online somewhere, and make it available.

The script is over the file format ASE.

SirDude

Post by SirDude »

Best thing for a case like this is contact the author
and or provide them with the update.

mmelo

Post by mmelo »

dandeloreon1984 wrote:I am almost done converting the script... I will post it online somewhere, and make it available.

Yesterday I started looking into this exporter too. Had a play around and managed to get it to run in 2.32, but since it was a simple 3d model, my guess is it did not visit most of the codepaths...

If you want I can give you my version... if you have yours complete I would love to have it too!

Please let me know.

NOTE: There is a newer version of that script at http://www.geocities.com/swdoughty/ExportASEIIv1.1.txt - you may want to work from there....

dandeloreon1984

mmelo wrote:
dandeloreon1984 wrote:I am almost done converting the script... I will post it online somewhere, and make it available.

Yesterday I started looking into this exporter too. Had a play around and managed to get it to run in 2.32, but since it was a simple 3d model, my guess is it did not visit most of the codepaths...

If you want I can give you my version... if you have yours complete I would love to have it too!

Please let me know.

NOTE: There is a newer version of that script at http://www.geocities.com/swdoughty/ExportASEIIv1.1.txt - you may want to work from there....
Sort of funny, but my script is bassed on this one, but add features from current scripts... Right now i am nearing compleation...

I have to define the object tab, or get rid of it.

Right now it has a specify where it goes feature, and is simple to operate.

Oh, By the way, all I am doing right now is fixing the syntax, and then i am done.
Last edited by dandeloreon1984 on Thu Feb 26, 2004 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dandeloreon1984

SirDude wrote:Best thing for a case like this is contact the author
and or provide them with the update.
i tried, but the email address is bad.

My progress will be posted on my site when i upload it...