Newbie needs help with MakeHuman

Scripting in Blender with Python, and working on the API

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

crucigera

Newbie needs help with MakeHuman

Post by crucigera »

I have just installed Blender 2.32 on my Linux box (Suse 9.0), which also has Python 2.3 installed. When I try to use the MakeHuman script I get the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "Console.py", line 4, in ?
ImportError: No module named ToEvaluate

I also get the following error message at start up (which I'm guessing is relevant):

'import site' failed; use -v for traceback
sys_init:warning - no sitedirs added from site module.

Trying to start Blender with the -v option just gets it to print its version number to the command line, so no real hope there. I've tried searching here and Googling for the problem but no joy really. The only reference I can find to a problem with the ToEvaluate module states that it was solved by installing Blender 2.31. Other people have mentioned the 'import site' error, but again I can't seem to find an answer. Just in case it would help I tried installing the 2.25 version of Blender, but got the same result.

Python is working fine on the system and my PYTHONPATH looks OK (I spend most of my time at work programming in Python, so I'm fairly confident with that). I'm sure that this is something simple, probably a path problem, but I'm struggling with it. Any help you can give me will be really gratefully received.

Panther

Post by Panther »

Hi Crucigera,

I think you need to use Python 2.2.*, and not 2.3.* !!!

This should ( hopefully ) sort-out your problem. :)

crucigera

Post by crucigera »

Thanks for that Panther. I'll try putting 2.2 on tonight and see if that helps. I assume that this is because the pre-compiled versions of Blender have been built with 2.2. Does anyone know if I can build from source with 2.3? I might try that anyway, just to save having two versions of Python installed.

Manuel

Post by Manuel »

Have you unstalled correctly the targets lib?
You should have a directory that contain all file .target
and a file .mesh and a .faces.

Under windows it's C:/targetlib

but if you have a different path, or different system, you
should modify the main path at line 7 of script.

To have quick reply please use the makehuman forum:

http://projects.blender.org/forum/forum.php?forum_id=60

Ciao,

Manuel

Michel
Location: Somewhere below the rivers in Holland (but not Limburg)

Post by Michel »

crucigera wrote:Thanks for that Panther. I'll try putting 2.2 on tonight and see if that helps. I assume that this is because the pre-compiled versions of Blender have been built with 2.2. Does anyone know if I can build from source with 2.3? I might try that anyway, just to save having two versions of Python installed.
Hi,

Yes, compiling blender with Python 2.3 is no problem at all. I do that all the time at my own system. Only when building the final Blender Linux packages, I use Python 2.2.

With regards,
Michel
You can have one of two things: Progress or Progress Reports.