Feature request:

Scripting in Blender with Python, and working on the API

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

breakin

Feature request:

Post by breakin »

I can't seem to find the TimeOffset (or any of the Animation Settings-stuff) in the Python-API. Are they there? Can they be added easily?

ascotan

Post by ascotan »

It is not available with the current API. No one is working on it currently. However, I don't think this would be too hard to implement.

breakin

Post by breakin »

It seems fairly standard to extend with this and other similar features. But how well does the Python-api scale? Is there someone who moderate it's growth? Will putting everything from blender into the api bloat the api?

I could try fixing it myself, suppose it's some more attributes to "Object", some gluing to blender and some doccing that needs to be done. Never played around with the blendersource myself before though so risc is I do something wrong. Will someone check what I did when I submit the patch (if I do one)?

ascotan

Post by ascotan »

Prob is that there is a lot to do to get the API up to par and everyone has their hands full (and some of us also have work/family :wink: )
Every bit of work is appreciated. If you finish a patch please submit it to the python mailing list and the dev team will check it and give you comments. :)

breakin

Post by breakin »

Ok, it should be in the cvs by now.