help with internal python interpreter

Scripting in Blender with Python, and working on the API

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

lascarova

help with internal python interpreter

Post by lascarova »

i'm using blender 2.32 and it has a built-in python interpreter,right?
i'm new to blender and especially to python. i have downloaded some python scripts for blender like makehuman,lsystem, etc, but when i open them and put my pointer on the text window and press ALT-P i get some error saying to check my console. Now, my question is, should i download the full python to use these scripts or is there just some setting that i can point blender to the interpreter or something...[/b]

ascotan

Post by ascotan »

Currently you'll want to use python 2.2 with blender. You can't use the interpreter with blender currently, although stani has a python interpreter he's been working on.
The way to use python is to download python 2.2, set your PYTHONPATH variable and then use the 'text window' in blender to enter python code. When you want to run the code hit alt-P.
The console window is a 2nd black window that opens up with the main blender window. It will output errors that occur inside a python script.
Hopefully in the next release you will not have to download python at all to run most scripts.

lascarova

Post by lascarova »

thanx ascotan, i didn't really want to download python, cause i feel less is more, but now i'll just have to......thanx again...... :D