well hears another noob Question.

Scripting in Blender with Python, and working on the API

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

skifun17

well hears another noob Question.

Post by skifun17 »

hi im really new to python, and blender. i am trying to run a script i got from online. it says i need python to run it. i have no idea how to install python, or even to install the script once i have installed python. it says its an L-system script. hears a link to the scripts page. http://www.geocities.com/blenderdungeon ... index.html please help if you can thanks!!

:roll:

SamAdam

Post by SamAdam »

try python.org for python stuff.

scooterl

Post by scooterl »

If you can't get it to run in the first place, I can't help you. But if you get it to run, and it crashes during use, try this:

It crashed on me until I turned off the 'Make Leaves' button. Then it ran without crashing. Of course, I can't make living trees with it, only decrepit old dead ones... :(

Try turning off the make leaves button. Also, try the elysiun.com boards, they're usually good with these sorts of things.

fligh

Post by fligh »

That's an old version. Use this one instead:

http://www.elysiun.com/forum/viewtopic. ... ght=neo%2A

%<

skifun17

Post by skifun17 »

scooterl wrote:
It crashed on me until I turned off the 'Make Leaves' button. Then it ran without crashing. Of course, I can't make living trees with it, only decrepit old dead ones... :(
Well thats exatcally what hapens with my lsystem. i can get the script to run, but then it crashes and says "Error: python script error: check console" grr thats so frusterating.

Help does anyone know of a fix to this problme, and is it a bug in the program, or something else?
:?

Allya

Post by Allya »

Skifun17,

Actually, that's the very same error I get when attempting to run the Torque DTS exporter.
"Error: python script error: check console"
.. Python's all loaded and referenced correctly (I hope) .. but the result is always zip-ziltch-nada ! Tried looking up a Consol reference, but also to no avail.

:?

~Allya[/quote]

fligh

Post by fligh »

The "Check Console" message means just that, check in the console to see what the error message is. Unless you tell us what that message says we can't help.

%<

Allya

Post by Allya »

Hi fligh,

The console in this case doesn't report anything useful .. have a peek at the caps below ..

http://www.cybereye-visioneering.com/dts/dts-screen.htm

.. have also contacted the GarageGames people .. but as yet there's been no word.

Ciao :)
~A

fligh

Post by fligh »

Strangeness... and you say you get an error warning popup on the script?

Can you find the block of code in the script that shows where it writes the export file to? Sometimes they write to the directory of the .blend but sometimes to places you'd never dream of. I take it you've searched your HD?

%<

Allya

Post by Allya »

Hi fligh,

Yep, have searched the HD high and low; you're right about writing files to the same location as the .blend's, as most of the exports do.

Have tried the Elysiun site, but also no avail. Didn't want to have to resort to it but, I think 3DS and Lightwave support DTS (certainly Maya) .. I may have to resort to reformatting all the constructs and getting 'em into Torque that way ...

Ciao
~A