Scripting in Blender with Python, and working on the API

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

dsp_418

Exporting camera datas to After Effects

Post by dsp_418 »

Hi all,

it would be really useful have something like this:
http://www.maxon.net/pages/products/c4d ... _ae_e.html

With this plugin Cinema 4D is actually the best integration between a 3D app and a compositing software.
What do you think about something like that for Blender?

gendou

Post by gendou »

Just being able to render passes would be helpful for compositing. The export camera and lights feature would be nice, and I imagine it's probably possible via python because of the render export scripts available.

joeri

Post by joeri »

I'm not sure about this ' cause I don't have the full version of AE here.
But I think the camera data is stored inside the image (.rla format) so it's not so easy to do with python (unless there is some convertor that combines 2 data streams into .rla)

gendou

Post by gendou »

What I was talking more about would be to export the camera data to a AE motion text file that could be opened in AE. If you can get a copy of Icarus you'll see what I mean. It will export the camera tracking data to a text file AE can read, so I imagine it would be possible to write all of the camera settings, animated frame positions (position and rotation data) into an AE readable file. Wouldn't it be possible to write the camera data as tracking data instead of an animated 3d camera object? All AE would need is the camera tracking info to match to blender's.

joeri

Post by joeri »

A yes. But that's easy, even I could do that.

I see AE only imports Maya camera data, so if that format is open or understandable it would be not hard to do.

christiankrupa

Post by christiankrupa »

Ive used a plugin with lightwave that exports a readable textfile; you just copy the text and paste it onto a camera channelin after effects.

Last year I posted on this topic and Johnny Matthews (guitargeek) started working on it but became otherwise occupied. I have (with the help of a python literate friend tried to follow up his work, but we came across problems that we arent equipped to deal with)

If anybody's interested, I can provide the materials we already have...

the previous topic's at

http://www.blender.org/modules.php?op=m ... ht=effects