Drawing Nurbs

Scripting in Blender with Python, and working on the API

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

mauricio

Drawing Nurbs

Post by mauricio » Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:44 pm

Hi, i am trying to make a nurbs surface from some points i have.
Can anyone tell me how can i do it? I can't figure it out from the Curve section in the python api documentation.
Thanks for reading :D

an-toni

Post by an-toni » Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:17 am

doesn't this cut it?

http://www.blender.org/modules/document ... tml#append
append(new_point)
Appends a new point to a curve. This method appends points to both Bezier and Nurb curves. The type of the argument must match the type of the curve. List of 4 floats (optional 5th float is the tilt value in radians) for Nurbs or BezTriple for Bezier.

Parameters:
new_point - the new point to be appended to the curve. The new point can be either a BezTriple type or a list of 4 floats in x,y,z,w (optionally tilt in radians as 5th value) format for a Nurb curve.
(type=BezTriple or list of 4 floats (optional 5th float is the tilt value in radians))

Returns:
PyNone
(type=PyNone)
~Toni

mauricio

Post by mauricio » Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:01 am

I don't know if it works. I'm going to test it. I'm trying to model a surface, but i read somewhere that the same class Curve works for surfaces.
Has anyone used this class?

Sutabi

Post by Sutabi » Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:52 am

the most you can do with that class is draw 3d curves. In Blender there are 2 type of curves, Bezier and Nurbs. There has yet been Nurb Surface added to the api (not sure why!!!)

rsz

Creating 3D Bezier with python

Post by rsz » Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:42 pm

I'm still puzzled, and is there any way to change the control points' types between "Vector" and "Aligned"? I tried blender 2.4 alpha 2, where BezTriple is unhidden, but it didn't help me any more. Can someone provide a script example to create a 3D Bezier in the 3D View from scratch using python?

I have procedural paths intended for 3D Beziers, hence fiddling with the UI is not an option.

Is this something that needs further code development? If so, any hints where to begin? I'd be happy to contribute.

Remik

LetterRip

Post by LetterRip » Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:21 am

Hi rsz,

the nurbs expert is eman who has integrated the nurbana library to blender. Nurbana won't be included for this release, but I think will be for the next one.

eman doesn't read the forums much, so I suggest emailing the bf-committers mailing list with your question and offer to help.

LetterRip