Script that kills blenders

Scripting in Blender with Python, and working on the API

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Sutabi

Script that kills blenders

Post by Sutabi » Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:51 pm

I am unable to get any further with this problem the core problem ~_~, and have no idea to get a way around it. This only seems relevant with the strng UI when assigning things from there.... If a varible is None, and not the type I assign it, blender will crash....

http://www.elysiun.com/fourm/viewtopic.php?t=52357

an-toni

Post by an-toni » Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:35 am

have you filed a bug?

if not, please do - the more minimal & reproducible the test case the better.

ah and there are some places in the current API code still that don't do correct type checking, is this just that?

~Toni

Sutabi

Post by Sutabi » Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:37 am

well all I do is convert a string into an float... and it check off as a float... but it will crash when changed through the GUI. As long as the origanl varible is the same type it wont crash @ assignment but it will crash @ render. Ill try a test case without the ScriptUI and see if its a reproducable case using Draw.String .

But I really can't see why it would crash and that is what bugs me the most, seems nothing todo with the UI directly other then when changed with it, it produces crashes.

I was hoping someone had a debug version and linux and could try this script to figure the problem out more better with GDB.

EDIT:
I tried to recreate it.... its only seems to crash with using ScriptUI being used, I tried it with Draw.String directly and it had no problem.

Sutabi

Post by Sutabi » Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:25 pm

I just tried it with the 2.40 pre, and 2.4 python.... it doesn't crash what so ever.... Good new for me ^_-.