Matrix.invert not working

Scripting in Blender with Python, and working on the API

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

centreprof

Matrix.invert not working

Post by centreprof » Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:56 pm

I am working on a research project with a student. We were attempting to use established scripts and noticed that they did not work for 2.41.

After investigation I discovered that the reason it did not work was that the invert function failed to invert the matrix. The command did nothing.

I noticed that this problem has come up before, but there has been two new versions since then and this problem does not seem to have been resolved

http://projects.blender.org/pipermail/b ... 10897.html

Does anyone know if this issue has been resolved for 2.42 or if there is a workaround that has already been developed?

I moving ahead to write an invert by hand but I couldn't help but think that this problem is manifesting in other places. (i.e. a lot of the bone math questions)

thanks
centreprof

an-toni

Post by an-toni » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:48 pm

iirc there has been more recent talk about this, was this the case where invert() did not change in place, but returned insted? i remember ppl talking about having both .invert() for in-place for .inverted() for returning, but dont remember what exactly that was in what the current situation is.

i think ascotan / Josepth and ideasman / Campbell know the situation, if they don't see the post here i guess you should post to the bf-python mailing list

~Toni