Just received the blender game kit, just a small question

Game Engine, Players & Web Plug-in, Virtual Reality, support for other engines

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

pie_in_the_face

Just received the blender game kit, just a small question

Post by pie_in_the_face » Sat Jul 12, 2003 7:19 pm

It says the demos on the disk are editable, the only way I can do this is by appending everything onto a new file. How can I stop the autorun and edit that file only. I just wanted to have a look at some of the python scripts in the game. Thanx

dreamsgate

Post by dreamsgate » Sun Jul 13, 2003 2:12 am

launch blender, then open that file you want to see, at least that's what I did, also there are blend files of most of the games in the separate chapter folders.

pie_in_the_face

Post by pie_in_the_face » Sun Jul 13, 2003 2:16 am

I can get them to stop playing automatically now (thanks for that), but is there a way to add the windows because theres none?

ton
Site Admin

Post by ton » Sun Jul 13, 2003 12:02 pm

Almost all demos have more screens internal with interfaces in it. Use the CTRL+left-arrow or CTRL+right-arrow to find them.

Further i noticed a bug... with the mouse over the edge of a completely decoration-less blender window, it should give an 'edge' cursor, and a rightmouse click should invoke a pop-up menu to split the window or show its header... this doesn't work really consistant. I should go over this one.

pie_in_the_face

Post by pie_in_the_face » Sun Jul 13, 2003 1:51 pm

Thanx Ton

snowy_duck

Post by snowy_duck » Sun Jul 20, 2003 1:31 am

oh, if you look around the cd you will find demo files that are some what built for people to just look at and figure out how it works.