using python to perform Texture Baking?

Scripting in Blender with Python, and working on the API

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

dandeloreon1984

using python to perform Texture Baking?

Post by dandeloreon1984 »

I am wondering how to use python to bake all materials out to a single textures?

z3r0_d

Post by z3r0_d »

unfortunately as you can't initiate or save a render from python (that I know of) at the moment this would be very difficult

I think it may involve subdividing the mesh enough times to get reasonable detail, and somehow utilizing the make vertex colors button to store textures (and lighting) in vertex colors, then export that to a texture.

dandeloreon1984

I understand, so i think that they need to make rendering included in the python api...

mainly to export texture maps to formats that can handle only one texturte..

ideasman

Post by ideasman »

this is tricky and I would suggest it involves funtrionst in blender that done exist at the moment.

Rendering camera angles and saving images to a single texture
-2c

dandeloreon1984

ideasman wrote:this is tricky and I would suggest it involves funtrionst in blender that done exist at the moment.

Rendering camera angles and saving images to a single texture
-2c
I am talking about just taking all textures on a selected object and just fuzee copy of them to a specified file.

ideasman

Post by ideasman »

Your being a bit fuzze yourself-

Do you mean TEXTURES - As in Texture parameters, OR texture's as images (impossible because they can be have random factors in the m anyway) OR textures as they appier on the object- output as an image file???/

Then you talk about materials- materials and textures are compleately different.

Please explain: your outputting what kind of data to what kind of file???

dandeloreon1984

ideasman wrote:Your being a bit fuzze yourself-

Do you mean TEXTURES - As in Texture parameters, OR texture's as images (impossible because they can be have random factors in the m anyway) OR textures as they appier on the object- output as an image file???/

Then you talk about materials- materials and textures are compleately different.

Please explain: your outputting what kind of data to what kind of file???
It is alittle complicated, but what i am talking about is making the texture output be an ready to light texture.... as in what you would have had to import to get the object to look like it is on screen, except for the fact that it is just a texture...

I am talking about outputs similar to the texturebaking in 3DS MAX.