bf-blender / Os X 10.3 - CVS (2005-05-28) release candidate

User-contributed CVS development builds. Please test and give feedback!

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

lukep

bf-blender / Os X 10.3 - CVS (2005-05-28) release candidate

Post by lukep »

here is a new build for upcoming release :

http://jlp.nerim.net/dev/blender-2.37-R ... X-10.3.zip

CVS level on 23 May.

please report any problem or difference with 2.36 here or on bug tracker.
Last edited by lukep on Sat May 28, 2005 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

osxrules

Post by osxrules »

The manipulator icon doesn't seem to be positioned right on triangular faces. On an icosphere face, it should appear on the dot of the face but it is always off to one side. It doesn't seem to affect the functionality because it's transforming around the correct centre position of the points, it just doesn't display in the right place.

lukep

Post by lukep »

jimww

Post by jimww »

i have a couple of problems, which sem to exist on all the latest builds.

opening a rigged character from an earlier version changes stretch-to constraints to null constraints. but this may have happened with an earlier build, and i am only noticing it now.

also having a problem with object type corruption. i created a shoe by duplicating the vertexes of a characters foot, seperated it, then modified it. now it causes errors when i parent it to the armature, there is a long delay for every action while it is linked, and it no longer has the weight paint option. i have tried importing it into a fresh document, but it has the same result.

jim ww

[ edit ] have not been able to duplicate the constraint problem, but the object type was simple. the vertex groups were empty, so weight painting was not enabled. do not know when they were emptied, but i did not empty them.

also having the problem where a selection is reduced when i transition out of edit mode, then back. somebody else has already mentioned this elsewhaere.
" ...but my futility does not need exercising. "

- me

aoe2bug

Post by aoe2bug »

I cannot unarchive this zip:
$ unzip blender-2.37-RC3--0528-OsX-10.3.zip

Archive: blender-2.37-RC3--0528-OsX-10.3.zip
End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not
a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive. In the
latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
the last disk(s) of this archive.
unzip: cannot find zipfile directory in one of blender-2.37-RC3--0528-OsX-10.3.zip or
blender-2.37-RC3--0528-OsX-10.3.zip.zip, and cannot find blender-2.37-RC3--0528-OsX-10.3.zip.ZIP, period.
I would think it is a download problem, but i have downloaded it 3 times to no avail. can someone post it in tgz? i guess that would be a waste, i can just wait until the release. :) Thank you for the build just the same lukep. :)

lukep

Post by lukep »

aoe2bug wrote:I cannot unarchive this zip:
$ unzip blender-2.37-RC3--0528-OsX-10.3.zip

Archive: blender-2.37-RC3--0528-OsX-10.3.zip
End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not
a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive. In the
latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
the last disk(s) of this archive.
unzip: cannot find zipfile directory in one of blender-2.37-RC3--0528-OsX-10.3.zip or
blender-2.37-RC3--0528-OsX-10.3.zip.zip, and cannot find blender-2.37-RC3--0528-OsX-10.3.zip.ZIP, period.
I would think it is a download problem, but i have downloaded it 3 times to no avail. can someone post it in tgz? i guess that would be a waste, i can just wait until the release. :) Thank you for the build just the same lukep. :)
checked the archive by downloading it again, it works normally.

it is a finder archive format (so with ressource fork), some third-party utilities may not handle that correctly

Note that unzipping from the command line is not very safe for the ressource fork side (a __MACOSX folder is created) with the default utility, simply double-click from the finder.

kidb

Post by kidb »

aoe2bug wrote:I cannot unarchive this zip:

Try a mirror:

http://blendertestbuilds.kidb.de/index. ... 528_lukep/

aoe2bug

Post by aoe2bug »

Note that unzipping from the command line is not very safe for the ressource fork side (a __MACOSX folder is created) with the default utility, simply double-click from the finder.
i did that, but the BOMArchiveHelper app (the "default utility" osx opens zips with) seems to hang (it just sits there, cancel doesn't do anything) that's the only reason i tried the CLI.
Try a mirror:
trying now, tho i dont know what the diff would be :)

edit: bomarchivehelper extracts it, but never "finishes", that's why i couldn't figure it out :) oops. Blender seems to work otherwise.

TroutMaskReplica

Post by TroutMaskReplica »

sorry for posting this here, but after 20 mins of trying to log in to the bug tracker system i gave up, so i am posting here so as not to have completely wasted my time:

using Mac OS 10.3.9, no python scripts function using blender release 2.27.

scripts function as normal under previous releases and under the most recent release candidate build for os 10.3 - the release candidate i'm referring to was built on 2005-05-03.

error reads 'python error, check console'. if this is deemed a worthy bug i can be contacted at zzboxofwormsatyahoo.comzz (<-- remove 'z's), and i can provide a .blend file if necessary or further info.

since this likely isn't a video card problem i won't get into specs, though i am using a g4 ibook 1ghz.

thanks

lukep

Post by lukep »

TroutMaskReplica wrote: error reads 'python error, check console'. if this is deemed a worthy bug i can be contacted at zzboxofwormsatyahoo.comzz (<-- remove 'z's), and i can provide a .blend file if necessary or further info.

since this likely isn't a video card problem i won't get into specs, though i am using a g4 ibook 1ghz.

thanks
hmm. python works here. considering the framework is installed by and in the system, it is present in every 10.3 mac.

So :

- first post the error message in the console (launch the console app in utilities and reports the changes there when you use blender

- check the build you are refering to is not a 10;2 one which need a fink installed python

osxrules

Post by osxrules »

Seems ok apart from the manipulator icon still being in the wrong place for triangular faces. I guess it'll be the same for all versions though, not just the Mac version.

theeth

Post by theeth »

osxrules wrote:Seems ok apart from the manipulator icon still being in the wrong place for triangular faces. I guess it'll be the same for all versions though, not just the Mac version.
That's a matter of center mode. If you want the real median of the triangle, use the Median center, not the boundbox center mode.

Martin
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans.
- John Lennon

osxrules

Post by osxrules »

theeth wrote:
osxrules wrote:Seems ok apart from the manipulator icon still being in the wrong place for triangular faces. I guess it'll be the same for all versions though, not just the Mac version.
That's a matter of center mode. If you want the real median of the triangle, use the Median center, not the boundbox center mode.

Martin
*smacks forehead*

I didn't realise it was set on that :roll:.

I think I found a minor bug though. If you make a cube and select two opposite edges of a face in edge select mode and then switch to vertex mode, when you extrude the face, it extrudes all four edges. However if you hit escape then undo the extrusion and redo it, it does it correctly the second time.

Like the new timeline BTW.

TroutMaskReplica

Post by TroutMaskReplica »

- first post the error message in the console (launch the console app in utilities and reports the changes there when you use blender
sorry for the long delay - my broadband connection went south for a couple of days.

here is the console message. i will follow up with your suggestion to check to see if the build was for 10.2 or 10.3 as soon as i get a chance.

"Blender quit
Using Python version 2.3
Could not find platform independent libraries <prefix>
Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]
'import site' failed; use -v for traceback
No installed Python found.
Only built-in modules are available. Some scripts may not run.
Continuing happily.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 52, in ?
ImportError: No module named math"

cheers

osxrules

Post by osxrules »

I found a problem with the 2.37 release. No point in writing the same thing twice so here is the thread on it:

http://www.elysiun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=44953

Basically, the normals are flipping when you duplicate and mirror again. It was working ok in 2.36.