Log (Ton) :
Log (Blendix):Integration of new IK lib features in Armature Poses.
Best is to forget yesterday's commit and old docs. New docs are underway...
Here's how IK works now;
- IK chains can go all the way to the furthest parent Bone. Disregarding
the old option "IK to Parent" and disgregarding whether a Bone has an
offset to its parent (offsets now work for IK, so you can also make
- The old "IK to Parent" option now only does what it should do: it denotes
whether a Bone is directly connected to a Parent Bone, or not.
In the UI and in code this option is now called "Connected".
- You can also define yourself which Bone will become the "Root" for an IK
chain. This can be any Parent of the IK tip (where the IK constraint is).
By default it goes all the way, unless you set a value for the new IK
Constraint Panel option "Chain Lenght".
- "Tree IK" now is detected automatic, when multiple IK Roots are on the
same Bone, and when there's a branched structure.
Multiple IK's on a single chain (no branches) is still executed as usual,
doing the IK's sequentially.
- Note: Branched structures, with _partial_ overlapping IK chains, that don't
share the same Root will possibly disconnect branches.
- When you select a Bone with IK, it now draws a yellow dashed line to its
- The IK options "Location Weight" and "Rotation Weight" are relative,
in case there's a Tree IK structure. These weights cannot be set to
zero. To animate or disable IK Targets, use the "Influence" slider.
- This new IK is backwards and upwards compatible for Blender files.
Of course, the new features won't show in older Blender binaries!
Other changes & notes;
- In PoseMode, the Constraint Panel now also draws in Editing Buttons, next
to the Bones Panel.
- IK Constraint Panel was redesigned... it's still a bit squished
- Buttons "No X DoF" is now called "Lock X". This to follow convention to
name options positive.
- Added Undo push for Make/Clear Parent in Editmode Armature
- Use CTRL+P "Make Parent" on a single selected Bone to make it become
connected (ALT+P had already "Disconnect").
On todo next; Visualizing & review of Bone DoF limits and stiffness
And I put a patch on this compilation for some improvment in particleIK rotation limits fixes:
- Z-axis rotation limits were not working, was using wrong flag.
- Don't allow min limit to go over max, or vice versa.
- Fix for jacobian getting overwritten with IK clamping.
download in zip(2320kB)
download in 7zip(1773kB)