Spaceball patch broken

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

ibkanat

Spaceball patch broken

Post by ibkanat »

I have been trying to get the spaceball 4858 patch to work.... It wont I would be willing to help get it working again. I will do what I can.... i contacted 3d connexion. they said that they are working on a new sdk?

Just let me know what I can do to help. I haven't coded in years.. But want to get back into it.

stiv

Post by stiv »

Not to be harsh, but the first thing you need to do is be more specific as to what the problem is. Does 'broken' mean

A) the patch does not apply and compile against current CVS

B) the patch code itself does not work.

In either case, you can post comments in the patch tracker and contact the author there.

What did 3dconnexion say about a new SDK? The last one had a very ugly license.

ibkanat

Post by ibkanat »

http://uploader.polorix.net//files/113/BuildLog.htm
here is what I got trying to compile after applying it.
The patch didnt build correctly when I did both patch -p0 < spaceball.txt and patch -p0 < spaceball.patch

Though the .txt had less errors.

Just that they were working on a new one. I have seen that they have linux support. Makes me wonder if there will be a solution to the gpl issue or is it a issue?

stiv

Post by stiv »

c:\blender\blender\intern\ghost\intern\3dconnectionplugin.cpp(4) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'spwmacro.h': No such file or directory
Either you are missing the spwmacro.h file or your include paths are set wrong.

If their code is not GPL'ed, we cannot distribute it.

I'm certainly not a lawyer, but from reading their license, two big issues were

1) blender users would have to agree to 3dconnexion's license

2) Their library had to be linked into the application. The language here was not clear to me, but it sounded like the dlopen() idea would be considered a way to circumvent the license.

ibkanat

Post by ibkanat »

Would love for it to work for anyone. Without agreeing to the licence.... But I wont mind just getting it to work. Before try to code something new.
Found that file in the SDK copied the other into the directory just to make sure
Here is log from the patch. getting close http://uploader.polorix.net//files/113/view.c.rej

LetterRip

Post by LetterRip »

ultimately there might be a way to make it work just via usb interfacing...

but yes as it stands there isn't a GPL compatible way for windows users.

LetterRip