Free Render Farms?

Blender's renderer and external renderer export

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

zakku1992

Free Render Farms?

Post by zakku1992 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:54 am

Being a new user to blender, i just recently started projects that take to long to render on my computer alone. I been searching for a good 2 days straight and cannot find any Free render farms.. can someone please help me?

*Ubuntu

stiv

Post by stiv » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:54 pm

You might try googling for
free render farm

zakku1992

Post by zakku1992 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:11 pm

stiv wrote:You might try googling for
free render farm
You might wanna try to read properly. I think i mentioned that i took the time to look for free render farms for a couple days straight. Not only was your comment unnecessary but a good way to measure your comprehension.
I recommend you get your preschool diploma before waisting other people times. Thanks ;)

mechman

Post by mechman » Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:40 pm

I believe that was a burn lol. I just recently found a website called Vswarm Its a new free render farm so there aren't many people using it but it has potential. http://www.vswarm.com/ Good luck man

stiv

Post by stiv » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:43 pm

You might wanna try to read properly.
You might try being more specific. You said you spent days trying to find a free render farm. Google turns up a quarter million or so hits. Some of them are for free render farm software. Some of them are companies or projects that will render at no monetary cost to you. Do you have some special requirements (beyond snottiness) that would cause you to reject these?

mechman

Post by mechman » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:23 pm

stiv wrote:
You might wanna try to read properly.
You might try being more specific. You said you spent days trying to find a free render farm. Google turns up a quarter million or so hits. Some of them are for free render farm software. Some of them are companies or projects that will render at no monetary cost to you. Do you have some special requirements (beyond snottiness) that would cause you to reject these?
#1 your post is irrelevant to the question
#2 He clearly stated that he as tried searching and without results. there for asking the question.
#3 Hes post was specific enough for a 14 year old kid to understand. **(yes i am implying that i am 14 to be "specific" :wink:

Now so thats out of the way ill get to the point. There are many render farms available but VERY VERY VERY few that are "free". Zakku1992 atm i am still searching for more Free render farms and will post once i get some news.

stiv

Post by stiv » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:00 pm

Sorry, mechman. Not buying it. This misses being a prototypical information deficient HelpMe thread only by the inclusion of word 'searched'. Nothing to help us filter out what the poster may or may not have found.

As for the 'free' renderfarm problem, the crux of the matter is you are asking for someone to give you something of monetary value (computing time) in exchange for what? There is a reason people are in the render farm business.

There are some university projects looking for testers and some distributed computing projects where people join together to share resources (note the exchange of value!) and maybe some commercial farms offering some free time or spare cycles as a loss leader. If you have a reputation and an actual project, you may be able to get someone to donate some time. The Blender Foundation has taken this last route before.

Some commercial farms will offer reduced rates for hobbyists or Blender users. ResPower is one. Never used them myself, but I've heard good things. Your mileage may vary.

mechman

Post by mechman » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:01 pm

stiv wrote:Sorry, mechman. Not buying it. This misses being a prototypical information deficient HelpMe thread only by the inclusion of word 'searched'. Nothing to help us filter out what the poster may or may not have found.
Once again you fail. The poster did say that he has not found any free render farms. there for what is quoted on top was once again a waist of space on this forum. It would be more efficient if you would have just red this post properly.

Caesar

Post by Caesar » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:56 am

Have you tested corefarm.org and corefarm.com?
corefarm.com is a standard renderfarm, but corefarm.org is a cluster of artists' computers, someday you use others' computers, and someday others use your computer!

jmarsden19

Post by jmarsden19 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:22 pm

I've used vSwarm before and it worked pretty well. Another alternative, although not completely free, yet cheap, would be to get some old machines from a school or business that's liquidating their stuff. Linux installs great on older machines and works well as a clustering platform for rendering.

cyber_knight

Great

Post by cyber_knight » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:44 pm

This is great! I signed up for vSwarm. They really need Linux support though.

drqueue

Post by drqueue » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:34 pm

Hello,

I'm working on a renderfarm service, called BlenderCloud. It uses Amazon's EC2 for the render nodes and DrQueue for renderfarm communication.

The service is not 100% free, but I'm currently searching for beta testers, who would only pay a small fee compared to the normal price. I need feedback about the system. Contact me if you are interested.

http://www.blendercloud.net

Kind regards,
kaazoo
DrQueue, the Open Source Distributed Render Queue
http://www.drqueue.org

FidoX

Renderfarm for Blender

Post by FidoX » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:27 pm

You could try RenderFlow.com they give you 200Ghz for new accounts. Its not free but its the most cheapest I've found.

Works for Blender 2.49 and 2.54 (windows and linux) Are in beta state but Im using and works very well...

www.renderflow.com

GrahamLeach

Post by GrahamLeach » Fri May 11, 2012 10:27 am

Hello,

As part of an installation in Hong Kong, I have set up a 12 station LAN that would work well as a render farm. The LAN is implemented on DELL computers running UBUNTU. I would like some help regarding getting the right queue management in place and then doing some sample jobs.

The project is called EXTRA
http://www.graham-leach.com/EXTRA.php

If anyone is interested in helping me, I can we reached via my website: www.graham-leach.com.

Thank you,

Graham Leach
----

Shadopocalyps

Post by Shadopocalyps » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:26 pm

http://renderfarm.fi

All free. For ever.