Missing menus?

The interface, modeling, 3d editing tools, import/export, feature requests, etc

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

senitram

Missing menus?

Post by senitram » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:40 pm

Hi Everyone.

I have just installed Blender (2.49) and Python (2.6).
The problem is I can't see the menus you see on all tutorials. The left and right menu. Do they come as a standard and there's something wrong with my installation or I need to set it up?
I was searching the internet and forums but didn't find the answer.

Thanks,
senitraM

crdotx

Post by crdotx » Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:05 pm

Ok hi, I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM! How did u install Blender? I posted a new forum and no one has answered. I am going to try uninstalling and reinstalling it later today and if that doesn't work I'm going to use the .zip installer! Thanks.... Sorry I cnt give you more of an answer!

tournamentdan

Re: Missing menus?

Post by tournamentdan » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:25 pm

senitram wrote:Hi Everyone.

I have just installed Blender (2.49) and Python (2.6).
The problem is I can't see the menus you see on all tutorials. The left and right menu. Do they come as a standard and there's something wrong with my installation or I need to set it up?
I was searching the internet and forums but didn't find the answer.

Thanks,
senitraM
I would suggest find a tutorial the will show you how to toggle the tool panels on and off. If you want to use the 2.56 version I would buy the 2010 cg cookie blender training series. It is very good.

tournamentdan

Post by tournamentdan » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:27 pm

crdotx wrote:Ok hi, I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM! How did u install Blender? I posted a new forum and no one has answered. I am going to try uninstalling and reinstalling it later today and if that doesn't work I'm going to use the .zip installer! Thanks.... Sorry I cnt give you more of an answer!

and yes you need to down load the installer and the other zip file.

crdotx

Post by crdotx » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:49 am

tournamentdan wrote:
crdotx wrote:Ok hi, I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM! How did u install Blender? I posted a new forum and no one has answered. I am going to try uninstalling and reinstalling it later today and if that doesn't work I'm going to use the .zip installer! Thanks.... Sorry I cnt give you more of an answer!

and yes you need to down load the installer and the other zip file.
ok you guys are amazing in less then 24 hours my problems are sloved! thanks! i wold only suggest downloading the zip files from now on

namespace

Post by namespace » Fri May 06, 2011 4:58 pm

I'm using Blender 2.57b (64 bits Windows 7) and I'm having the same issue with missing menu.

I think the window installer version missed out the "plugins" and "scripts" folders (in C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.57). Copying the missing folders from the ZIP version solved the problem.

Hope this help.

stiv

Post by stiv » Fri May 06, 2011 5:36 pm

There is some annoying permissions issue with Win 7, depending on who/how/where you install as. A known problem, being worked on. Maybe already fixed. (can you tell I'm not a windows guy?)

Easiest work-around for now is to download the .zip version, unzip it and run from that folder.