Bge slow on and 8core cpu?

Game Engine, Players & Web Plug-in, Virtual Reality, support for other engines

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Jedijds

Bge slow on and 8core cpu?

Post by Jedijds » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:23 am

Ok this makes no sense to me, I have a new (just build it myself) computer with two geforce gtx 660 ti graphics cards in sli, a 8 core amd cpu and I have cuda and physx installed but the bge only used about 20% max of my cpu and slows the game down when a lot of things are being animated. I use task manager to check cpu usage and msi kombuster to watch my graphics card usage. cpu max is 20-30% and gpu1 is 5% max, no matter if I have 1,000 or 10,000 rigid body objects in bge. Only difference is one runs at 30 fps and other 1 or 2 fps. My cpmuter is more than capable of running the game engine, in fact about 10 at a time. So why can’t I get blender to use more cpu and gpu to create physics simulations? :x :x :x
This all came up after trying to record a simulation and it came out very slow in the render, since then I can’t find any way to get it moving faster. Any help in incorporating physx in to the bge itself? Or any other way to make the gpu work more?
Sorry if it seems like im annoyed…… I am. But thank so any one that can help me on this.
۞◄█°‖‖‖‖‖█ʭʭ╬(░▒▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒)

OTO

Post by OTO » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:46 pm

Hello
Blender is a democratic software...this way you and I we're on the same level, even if I own a poor GFX 9500! ;)

Sorry I can't help you...maybe the Blender GE isn't just optimized for high-end hardware?
Bye

stiv

Post by stiv » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:14 pm

Just a guess, but it sounds like the GE is running single-threaded.

Jedijds

Post by Jedijds » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:04 am

Thank you for explaining that OTO. :)

I had that suspicion Stiv, I just didn’t know if the GE did that or not, is there any way of changing that? Making it a multi-thread? I know it has to get the power somehow to make simulations with like 10k rigid bodies in it.

BluePrintRandom

Post by BluePrintRandom » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:14 pm

Agoose is working thread python

Moguri was talking about threading the bge

BluePrintRandom

Post by BluePrintRandom » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:23 am

Jedijds

Post by Jedijds » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:28 pm

That is interesting to the fact that I love to mess with computers but im not that skilled in programming, ive looked at that before but cant figure out how to mesh the parallel computing with the programs.
This latest version of blender 2.67b seams to have much more multi thread capabilities in it that before and I thank all the blender programmers for that. :D

tango

Post by tango » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:44 am

GPU accelerators improve applications performance a lot!

brooks121

Post by brooks121 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:58 am

Jedijds wrote:That is interesting to the fact that I love to mess with computers but im not that skilled in programming, ive looked at that before but cant figure out how to mesh the parallel computing with the programs.
This latest version of blender 2.67b seams to have much more multi thread capabilities in it that before and I thank all the blender programmers for that. :D
hah i can feel you on that man, Love messing with the computers and know a lot about the hardware end, When it comes to blender im lost at times, i just started using it about a month ago....ive been using adobe after effects, but im slowly getting used to the programming since ive used python before it kind of makes it a little easier.

Hope you got everything worked out... :D