Blender for Dummies Book Help or Better Book

Blender documentation projects, tutorials, translation, learning & teaching Blender

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Mecah35

Blender for Dummies Book Help or Better Book

Post by Mecah35 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:21 am

I love blender so far, as a newbie I am using the pdf "blender basics classroom tutorial book 4th edition" I downloaded and now im looking into the other free pdf "An introduction to Blender 3D a book for beginners 2.54+ by John M Blain" I have a book from a library called "Blender for dummies" this is the 1st edition/version but I see on eBay and the web that there is another version Blender for dummies version/edition 2, my question is, is this new edition better to learn from with the updated interface of Blender 2.66a or is there a better and newer book available to buy or can anyone suggest a different book completely? I have used the online pdf files and like them but I like having a book to read from more as the dummies book covers things not in the classroom tutorial pdf (so far im up to page 131 of the pdf) as it has missed a few things here and there. Thank you, Mecah35

Tehrasha

Post by Tehrasha » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:43 am

The BfD 2nd Edition was written for the 2.5 interface, and while the 2.6 interface is an extension of that and very similar, there have been significant changes to how Blender works since then (BMesh, Cycles, etc).

The rapid development of Blender has made writing a book (even an eBook) very difficult.

Sorry I cannot suggest a more worthy replacement.

GFisher

Post by GFisher » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:15 am

I'm biased, but Blender 3D Basics is good for the complete beginner, taking a lot of time and care to teach how to use the Blender interface. It then goes on to basic modeling and animation techniques.
Blender 3D Basics - Author

Williamjoseph

Post by Williamjoseph » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:39 pm

GFisher wrote:I'm biased, but Blender 3D Basics is good for the complete beginner, taking a lot of time and care to teach how to use the Blender interface. It then goes on to basic modeling and animation techniques.
I am a beginner and I would like to get that information o where can I go to get that if you can help me out I would appreciate muchly.

thanks again

GFisher

Post by GFisher » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:06 pm

Williamjoseph wrote:I am a beginner and I would like to get that information o where can I go to get that if you can help me out I would appreciate muchly.

thanks again
Blender 3D Basics can be bought at Amazon or at the Packt Publishing website.
Blender 3D Basics - Author