why the drop in performance and frame rate occure when uv te

Game Engine, Players & Web Plug-in, Virtual Reality, support for other engines

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

chmanfromegypt

why the drop in performance and frame rate occure when uv te

Post by chmanfromegypt » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:27 pm

hi every body, my qeustion is : why the drop in performance and frame rate occure when uv texture a plane in game engine?? ,

in details:
when I render the game (press P for embedded player or start a stand alone player) ,, while I make my plane textured with UV unwrap ,,, the performance is so low and there is a drop in frame rate and high in rasterizer usage as explained in next picture
http://blenderartists.org/forum/attachm ... 65&thumb=1

when I remove the uv unwrap of the plane, and make the plane without texture (by remove the picture which in uv/image editor while I am in Edit mode(press X) and then return to object mode ,, or while i select the plane and go to properties-> object data -> uv maps -> press (-)(remove uvmap) ) ,, i notice a high gain in performance and frame per second and low in rasterizer as showen in next picture
http://blenderartists.org/forum/attachm ... 75&thumb=1

I also notice that when the camera look away from that uv textured plane , the rasterizer usage return low and the performance and frame rate return high (the drop in performance gone!) ,althought the plane is still uv textured

the question is why this break down in performance and frame rate happend??? and how if possiple we can avoid this ???

here is the file
http://blenderartists.org/forum/attachm ... 1380471296

chmanfromegypt

Post by chmanfromegypt » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:32 pm

when in textured plane the drop in frame rate (248 ms 4fps !!) and high in rasterizer(237 ms) usage

when in non textured plane the high gain in performance and frame per second (43ms 23fps) and low in rasterizer(31ms)

chmanfromegypt

Post by chmanfromegypt » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:59 pm

congratolation , the problem is resolved , it was in cause of that i didn't setup the driver of my ati vedio card and the version of opengl was of version 1.0 of microsoft driver which is old and not good ,,, no i setup the driver
(xp driver on vista windows by advanced select . inf file by my self method from device manager --> update driver of my vedio card)

chmanfromegypt

Post by chmanfromegypt » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:14 pm

congratolation , the problem is resolved , it was in cause of that i didn't setup the driver of my ati vedio card and the version of opengl was of version 1.1 of microsoft driver which is old and not good ,,, now i setup the driver
(xp driver on vista windows by advanced select . inf file by my self method from device manager --> update driver of my vedio card)
thanks to MrPutuLips and Ace Dragon for the good and right advices ,, it's now the time to change the prefix of the object to (resolved)