LAN rendering

Blender's renderer and external renderer export

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Daniel625

LAN rendering

Post by Daniel625 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:17 pm

Okay, so I've searched through the internet nearly a week now and what I only found was to make a cluster which I can't afford right now or bunch of articles about how to render animations via 2 or more computers.

What I really want though is to render one static image using my 4 computers I own. Blender basically divides the render of one image to cores one computer have and every single core works on some part of the image independently. I would like to expand this to more computers, to let Blender do the same thing, but with let's say 10 processors. Is there any possible way to do it, via plugin or something or do I have to really build a cluster base to be able to render static images faster?

aproape

Re: LAN rendering

Post by aproape » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:05 am

Hi there,

Have you tried luxrender? It has built-in networking for 'slaves' renderers and extremely easy to set-up.

Cheers,
Alex

Daniel625 wrote:Okay, so I've searched through the internet nearly a week now and what I only found was to make a cluster which I can't afford right now or bunch of articles about how to render animations via 2 or more computers.

What I really want though is to render one static image using my 4 computers I own. Blender basically divides the render of one image to cores one computer have and every single core works on some part of the image independently. I would like to expand this to more computers, to let Blender do the same thing, but with let's say 10 processors. Is there any possible way to do it, via plugin or something or do I have to really build a cluster base to be able to render static images faster?