Can't order Orange DVD through the website

Feedback to the Blender Foundation and the moderators of this website

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

Oso

Can't order Orange DVD through the website

Post by Oso »

I've been trying for a couple of weeks to pre-order the DVD without success. I've ordered things in the past, but unfortunately, I can't remember my password. I requested to have my password sent to me several times, but so far I've received nothing. I've verified that the mail is not being thrown away by the spam filters; I just never get anything even though it appears that something should be sent by the website.

Any help is appreciated. I really want to order that DVD.

joeri

Post by joeri »

I've got the message that I would get email on how to pay, but I never got that email.
I also requested my password and didn't get it untill the next day, meanwhile I made a new account thinking the password sender was broken. But now it's pretty fage what the status of my order is.

ton
Site Admin

Post by ton »

The official email address to contact about order status etc is shop@blender3d.org.

We've had more complaints about mail not arriving, I heard that the IP group blender.org uses seems to be blacklisted as 'spammer' by some weird internet service. There are providers who use such services... I am no expert on that at all, will seek advise and help what todo.

BTW; looking at the amount of payments we got in, the mails do arrive for a lot of people... the mails really do get send.
People who complained they didnt get the mails I asked to use another email address to check it again, and then they just get it... this is looks like unwanted provider services to block spam. So sad...

ton
Site Admin

Post by ton »

OK, the sysadm found a possible reason, had to do with a test some providers do if the sender actually accepts mails. Or in his words "if there's an mx, and if the mailserver can be contacted". He "kicked something in Postfix" and it could go better now.

Sorry for the abracadabra... :) Just retry ordering, we can remove old ones (mail me the old order numbers).