bf-Blender / Windows (10/10/03) + Jahka patch

User-contributed CVS development builds. Please test and give feedback!

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

ysvry

Post by ysvry » Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:17 am

Caronte wrote:
Bellorum wrote:Is there a nomination for newcomer of the year at the Blender con? I vote Janne Karhu! :)
Yeah me too!! :D
me too,
this new particle options is almost like vues enviroment material, would be great if it could distribute dupliverts of a list of objects on the selected faces by color and intensity of an asigned material. color f.e. steering wich objects go where and intesity how big they are.

pixelTroll2005

Post by pixelTroll2005 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:16 am

I want your help to try a bug, it's depend perhaps of graphic cards, so try and says if the bugs happens and your graphics card, the bug was found by poutsa :

Follow this Steps to see it:
Select the Cube from Starting Scene!
Enter Edit Mode and Select all Vertices
Then Go to Editing Buttons F9 and add a New Vetex Group (group) and press Assign!
Then Exit from Edit Mode and go to Weight Paint mode
Then go back to Object mode and you see the Cube is Rosa Colour in Open GL Draw mode!!
After this go to File Menue and and choose NEW ...erase All so you see the New Sarting Scene the Cube is Rosa Colour again in Open GL mode!

I have a Nvidia Geforce 5800 and I have the bug.
I have also verified this bug. I have a Geforce 5900XT. The steps I took to create this bug are as follows:
With any mesh
1. Enter weight paint mode.
2. Color the whole mesh a certain weight color
3. Enter object mode
4. Now the mesh is the same color (tint) of what you painted in weight paint mode.
5. Now go to File->New. The default mesh object will have the same tint.
6. If you totally exit out of blender and the start a new session, the object will be the correct color.

As far as I can tell the object that you paint(completely) in weight paint mode will receive a tint of the color you painted.

Thanks,
pixeltroll

pixelTroll2005

Post by pixelTroll2005 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:41 am

Another bug that I have noticed regarding the constraints tab in object window(F7) doesn't update properly.

To repeat this bug follow these steps
1. Make sure you have an Object widow open (F7)
2. Create an armature (1 or more bones)
3. You should be in edit mode
4. Make sure a bone is selected
5. Press CTRL and TAB to switch to pose mode
6. You should see a "Add constraints" button
7. Now press TAB to switch to edit mode
8. The "Add constraints" button is still there
9. If you select the bone while in edit mode the "Add constraints" button
disappears. Note the constraints tab is still visible
10. Also if you select the bone while in pose mode
11. press TAB to switch to edit mode
12. then press TAB again to switch back to pose mode
13. the "Add constraints" button is gone.
14. If you select the bone while in pose mode the "Add constraints" button
reappears.

The constraints tab seems to be working for the Editing window (F9).
It is NOT working for the Object Window (F7)!
The solution is to make the Constraints tab from Object window (F7) behave the same as it does for the Editing window (F9). Or remove the constraints tab from the Object window(F7).

Thanks
pixeltroll

poutsa

Post by poutsa » Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:36 am

In Timeline: its not possible to Automatically insert Keyframes for Action Ipo curves!!!!
If the Red Button is Pressed and you press Play in Timeline.... Choose in 3D Window a Bone of a Armature and Move or Rotate.......etc. you see its not possible to Auto Insert Keys .......sometimes also Blender Crashes!!!

Also....Possible BUG:Download this example blend file from here to see:

http://www.savefile.com/files.php?fid=8484653

Open the Blend file in 2.37a you see the Object in 3D Window in Shaded Draw mode!!Thats OK

Open the same example blend file in this Test Build you canot see the Object in 3D Window in Shaded Draw mode (you can see it only if you click in the middle of the 3d Window!!!!

Thats a possible Bug i think!!!

Vassilios Boucer

hell-cisk

Post by hell-cisk » Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:52 pm

maybe it's a stupid question, but i descovered blender just a few days ago (I can't belive how iwasted my time without it) and i don't know how to make the particle patch work, do i need to slave it somewhere in particular? :?:

zupermonkey

Post by zupermonkey » Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:17 pm

hell-cisk wrote:maybe it's a stupid question, but i descovered blender just a few days ago (I can't belive how iwasted my time without it) and i don't know how to make the particle patch work, do i need to slave it somewhere in particular? :?:
You don't have to.

Just download the latest pre-release, it's already in there (with even more improvements).

zupermonkey

Post by zupermonkey » Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:18 pm

hell-cisk wrote:maybe it's a stupid question, but i descovered blender just a few days ago (I can't belive how iwasted my time without it) and i don't know how to make the particle patch work, do i need to slave it somewhere in particular? :?:
You don't have to.

Just download the latest pre-release, it's already in there (with even more improvements).