verBlender, updated 20.08, 2.42 verse+ cloth+pov etc

User-contributed CVS development builds. Please test and give feedback!

Moderators: jesterKing, stiv

vizzy

verBlender, updated 20.08, 2.42 verse+ cloth+pov etc

Post by vizzy » Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:04 pm

Hi all,

today i come up with another testing built too.
I have patched Blender in some way adding a few lost and also new Patches to current Blender CVS.

You can find it here: :arrow: http://www.vizzy.de/?i=verblender

it will be updated recently, after a few days if CVS has been updated or if i got new Patches to apply.

I documented all changes and most of the details and Patches at the Url above.
For now i can only provide 'almost static linked' Linux Builts.

my intention to provide a patched Blender built is to let people test new features.

so long, would be nice to get some feedback here.
Ill add a voting for each patch on the site very soon, so we could see how useful a patch would be to the users and if its needed.

post comments and suggestions here, or contact me via website.

yours vizzy / verblendet

[/i]

#update 20.08.2006: cvs update 2.42 + verse :idea:

#update 22.06.2006: cvs update 2.42 rc1
includes 2.42 testfiles, includes a Pentium4 optimized built, layernames and layer-mesh-colors fixed

#update 16.06.2006: cvs update + console-window update
#update 14.06.2006: patches as usual, current cvs update and a working pov patch :)

have fun
(details about current apllied patches you can read on the site)
---
Last edited by vizzy on Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:02 pm, edited 15 times in total.

lguillaume

Post by lguillaume » Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:57 pm

Hello vizzy, great a Blender with some patch.
For the layer I made longtime ago, the color don't work in the new CVS, perhaps I will try to correct.

fobsta

Post by fobsta » Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:12 pm

Thanks Vizzy

Have you come across the patch that lets you created new objects on the axis plane rather than the view plane? Did I explain myself properly :D I'm sure I downloaded a test version of Blender with this code patched in.

cheers

sparkus

Post by sparkus » Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:39 pm

Some time ago I prepared some rendering presets. If you want to include them in further releases, please have a look at this thread:

http://www.blender.org/forum/viewtopic. ... highlight=

You can find the presets at:
http://sparkynet.no-ip.com/fileadmin/bl ... 060130.zip

They will work properly with your Render Preset Patch. Just copy them in the scripts folder.
It would be great to see them included ;D

Thanks.

vizzy

Post by vizzy » Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:25 am

Hi all, thx for nice feedback.

@fobsta: sorry cant find such a patch in patch tracker, if you find it, let us know, ....
you maean it adds objects not depending on the view but on the real axis? that would be great, viewmodelling is messing me up simetimes too....*gg*

@lguillaume: thx, the layermanager is very cool, imho one of the most wanted thing in blender. but if noone knows it, everyone just can dream of it *gg*, maybe, please fix it, i also see problems updating the 3dview when switching layers. ah, and i stripped the icons, i used a blank instead because icons are too heavy to patch into. thi scould be done if its gets included :) would be great to see coloured layers again :) go on, its great

@sparkus: nice, ill add them to the built too. i also tweaked the presets stuff to save more settings, which imho is very useful. but this can be changed easily by uncommmenting a few lines.

ok, i have no update for the built now, BUT i did some changes to my cms and add a small voting system. so now every Patch got his voting, :)

www.vizzy.de/?i=verblender or directly all votes on one page without a lot of text: www.vizzy.de/?i=verblender_vote

ok, and last but not least i created a channel on freenode too, its called #blendertesters and maybe people find there and discuss new features and testing :) whis would help blender to get really better tested, imho :)

thx for feedback.

yours vizzy/verblendet

lguillaume

Post by lguillaume » Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:56 am

Hi vizzy, I have not many time for moment, but later I will look into layer.
For color layer, the color for wire can be change in drawobject.c:
Search if(ob->type==OB_LAMP) BIF_ThemeColor(TH_LAMP); and just after there is else BIF_ThemeColor(TH_WIRE); the color for wire is here change all think after the else.

fobsta

Post by fobsta » Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:03 am

vizzy wrote: @fobsta: sorry cant find such a patch in patch tracker, if you find it, let us know, ....
you maean it adds objects not depending on the view but on the real axis? that would be great, viewmodelling is messing me up simetimes too....*gg*
the presets stuff to save more settings, which imho is very useful. but this can be changed easily by uncommmenting a few lines.
Hello again - to be honest I don't know if the patch was submitted. I remember trying out a test build with it though. And yes it places new objects on the real axis. Very handy for beginners and people who use other 3D programs.

thanks again

myselfhimself

cool + crash

Post by myselfhimself » Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:07 pm

hi
i'm very pleased with the local scaling and rotating change for faces

some remarks however :

dispview doesn't have any effect, the render is still displayed in a separate window

also, blender crashes when both of those are true for a camera:
autofocus is on
focusY as a value different from 0.00

Jonathan

sparkus

Windows Build?

Post by sparkus » Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:24 pm

Plz plz!! ^^

Would _really_ like to test it, but I need a windows build for that =I

TIA,
Spark

fobsta

Post by fobsta » Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:33 pm

Hey Vizzy

Have you seen this patch to integrate the console/shell into Blender?

http://jb-online.net/?p=7

http://projects.blender.org/pipermail/b ... 14198.html

thought you might be interested in it :wink:

ta

malCanDo

Post by malCanDo » Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:24 pm

> And yes it places new objects on the real axis. Very handy for beginners and people who use other 3D programs.

I haven't tested this, but it would be great if it also came out of Edit mode when adding new objects as well.

If you're a newbie, this helps remove confusion when adding new objects, and accidently creating them all within the same mesh.

If you are an expert user, you will already know how to merge the objects back into a single mesh, if this is what you require.

Regards...
Mal

vizzy

Post by vizzy » Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:16 am

lguillaume wrote:For color layer, the color for wire can be change in drawobject.c:
its working now, thx for advice. i had a stupid typo from copy-paste in buttons_layer.c...(i feel pain *g)

anyway, i also changed to call REDRAWVIEW3D instead of trigger B_COLORED_LAYER, and colors now updating nicely. it updated only on mouseactiuon in a 3d window before.

but still there is a small problem about enable and disable layer visibility, for current cvs i use this line in buttons_layer.c (toggle button style changed):

uiDefButBitI(block, TOGR, 1<<a, 0, num , (short)(xco), (short)(yco), 24, 19, &(G.vd->lay), 0, 0, 0, 0, "Layer visibility");

but the 3dview doesnt update , any ideas?

fyi: to have more compatibility to current cvs i also used blank icon instead of yours.

yours vizzy/verblendet

vizzy

Post by vizzy » Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:18 am

fobsta wrote: Have you seen this patch to integrate the console/shell into Blender?
thx for the link :) console shell patch is included now :) its so great!!!

vizzy / verblendet

tv

Post by tv » Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:54 pm

How do you make 'almost static linked' builds?

vizzy

Post by vizzy » Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:54 pm

tv wrote:How do you make 'almost static linked' builds?
i compiled with 'make' instead of scons. scons does not support static builts right now, iirc.
maybe check out my website http://www.vizzy.de/ , i have some script laying around there to checkout and compile fresh cvs with make too.
('how to compile blender and yafray......blabla')

tip: disable gameengine for make builts, otherwise its frustrating and need a few tricks to compile ge with make....

vizzy / verblendet