How to Get Started
- Developers: information for new Blender developers.
- Scripters: how to contribute add-ons scripts and plugins.
- Translators: help translate Blender into your language.
- Designers: help design Blender’s features and user interface
- Users: find out what’s happening, test latest builds and provide feedback.
Get in Touch
- IRC – Chat with developers and users on #blendercoders.
- Forum – Informal discussion for new and experienced developers alike.
- Mailing Lists – Main communication for Blender projects.
- Module Teams – Find who’s responsible for Blender Modules.
- Developer Meetings – Every Monday, alternating between 08:00/16:00 UTC in #blendercoders (see the channel topic for next week’s time)
Blender uses the Python programming language for its scripting API.
The Blender Python API is based on Python 3. It is integrated deeply, used for writing add-ons, generating user interface layouts, and import and export of many file formats. It covers all user-accessible data and functionality.