Software Developer – Blender 2.8
We are looking for an end-user focused software developer to join the team in Amsterdam!
You will be working as part of the Blender Animation Studio team, a group of 9+ people who are currently working on a short film to help getting Blender 2.8 production ready. Work includes opportunities to grow your experience and skills, a unique opportunity to work directly with the best Blender developers and artists.
How your day will look like
- Collaborate with the current core development team on a broad range of Blender 2.8 development topics, with as focus usability and daily usage in production.
- Execute on all aspects of software engineering including testing, debugging, documentation and optimization
- Work with artists on evaluation of workflow bottlenecks and come with design proposals and implementation to solve these.
As a Software Developer you will need
- One year or more experience with Blender development
- Practical knowledge of 3D tools, usability and UI development
- Finished higher education in computer science, mathematics or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of OpenGL, C and C++ programming
- Communication skills and experience in presenting project work
- A year contract with option of extension
- Help relocating to Amsterdam, finding you a (shared) apartement and a free bicycle!
- A salary complying to Netherlands’ standards (average or better).
- An inspiring working environment in the heart of Amsterdam
How to apply
Send an email with your motivation and some (links to) samples of your best work to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!